Birutės kalnas

Birutės kalnas

This hill or dune is situated in the Northern part of the Amber Museum park. It is a relict dune, and was marked on all the larger maps already in the XVII century as the highest dune of Palanga’s coastline.

Show more

Amber museum

It was established on 3 August 1963 in the former mansion of earl Feliksas Tiškevičius in the middle of the park. In its 15 halls you can learn about formation of amber, its trade routes, extraction and processing.

Show more

J. Basanavičiaus street

This is the central street of the town. Previously this street was called Tiškevičiaus street or boulevard. In the summer of 1923, Dr. Jonas Basanavičius visited Palanga. In respect of the nation’s patriarch, the residents of Palanga renamed Tiškevičiaus boulevard using J. Basanavičiaus’s name.

Show more

Sea Bridge

It is hard to image Palanga without its Sea Bridge

Show more

Birutė Park of Palanga

It is one of the most beautiful, richest and best kept parks in Lithuania.

Show more

Palanga’s Tourism Centre

Useful information for tourists: events, tours, tickets, time schedules, useful links and routes.

Show more

Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary

The first small wooden Catholic church was built at the initiative of the queen Ona Jogailaitė around 1540 in Palanga. Another cross-shaped church with a tower and a bell tower was built in 1590 at the initiative of the then Lithuanian rulers.

Show more